Thread: Cable Titles

Cable Titles

I don't rent adult films from my cable system.There are some there like...Women Seeking Women...obviously from Girlfriends Films,but there are other titles that are similar to GFF titles but are different.I suspect these are also GFF films.I would like to know who makes up these titles for the cable systems.Is it the manufacturer or the cable companies?

The reason I ask this is because on my cable system,there was a film called...Miss USA...which starred Kelli McCarty(a former Miss USA and mainstream soap opera star).After that film had its run,another film was offered also starring Kelli McCarty called...Faithless(I have this film...not bad by the way).Since McCarty only made one X-rated film,it was very likely the two films were the same one.There's no way to tell since there is no free preview.A customer not knowing any better could end up renting the same film twice.

Back in the VHS days,some adult companies did this type of practice(marketing previous films as new ones with a new title).The feeling here is that they are doing the same with the cable systems(with or without the cable systems knowledge).

No, it isn't the same movie. Faithless was Kelli McCarty's only feature...Miss USA was either a genuine sex tape, or an affectation of one. Never know with these things. Miss USA came first, then she did Faithless, and that was it. I rented Miss USA, just out of curiosity...it was okay for a b/g thing, but nothing I had any interest in owning.
    Last edited by milesoffbodega; 01-28-2015 at 05:29 AM.

There are other films in addition to those of GFF on our cable channel. Our operating partner has the option of taking on different brands to fill the channel. All of the Girlfriends Films titles you see on cable have been previously released on DVD. We've never made anything primarily for cable. So, if it is on our cable channel but doesn't look like GFF, it probably isn't GFF.

Thanks for allowing us to straighten this out! There has been some stuff on the channel that I wouldn't want attributed to us.

Quote Originally Posted by GFFnews View Post
    There are other films in addition to those of GFF on our cable channel. Our operating partner has the option of taking on different brands to fill the channel. All of the Girlfriends Films titles you see on cable have been previously released on DVD. We've never made anything primarily for cable. So, if it is on our cable channel but doesn't look like GFF, it probably isn't GFF.

Thanks for allowing us to straighten this out! There has been some stuff on the channel that I wouldn't want attributed to us.
    Thanks for the reply.I don't think my cable system has the GFF channel.They just have adult on demand titles which include at least some GFF films.

We've just recently signed deals with more cable operators, so you might see a lot more GFF coming your way. Some of the cable operators don't like publicity regarding their adult offerings, so we keep quiet about who carries our content.

broadcast/cable

Cablevision? Roku? I 've looked but I don't see anything.